Our team of skilled surgeons provide expertise in all manner of orthopedic conditions including:
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Hip & Knee Replacement
- Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Pain Center
You don’t have to live with pain anymore. Find an orthopedic specialist today:
- Edward Bromberg, MD
- Ryan Cordry, DO
- Jeffrey S. Cuomo, MD
- Daryl G. Dykes, MD
- Jack Featheringill, MD
- David C. Gerhardt, MD
- Michael C. Gerhardt, MD
- Karl Hofammann, III, MD
- Loren M. James, MD
- Lloyd Johnson, III, MD
- W. David Lindsay, MD
- Michael J. Patterson, MD
- Mark A. Prevost, MD
- Gary N. Russell, MD
- Kendall C. Vague, MD
Citizens Baptist Medical Center (Talladega, AL) – With both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic care available at our Talladega campus, the care you need is never far away. Our orthopedic program is led by a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and we offer the latest techniques and minimally invasive surgical procedures, providing comprehensive treatment for a variety of orthopedic conditions.
Princeton Baptist Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) – As the first hospital in the region to utilize the Hana® Table – our team offers specialization in hip replacement using this revolutionary approach to minimally invasive, anterior hip replacement surgery. This surgical method reaches the hip from the front providing a smaller incision, quicker recovery, less movement restriction and a lowered risk of complications.
For more on the Hana® Table
See this Baptist Health
Recognitions for the Orthopedics program at Princeton Baptist Medical Center include:
- 2015 Quality Recognition for being Ranked #6 in the State for Medical Excellence for Joint Replacement – Comparion Medical Analytics CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings
- 2015 Quality Recognition for being Ranked #9 in the State for Medical Excellence for Orthopedic Surgery – Comparion Medical Analytics CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings
Shelby Baptist Medical Center (Alabaster, AL) – Shelby’s orthopedic surgeons offer a range of expertise from orthopedic surgery to sports medicine, hip and joint replacement to spine surgery. Our orthopedic program was recognized for high quality with a 2015 Quality Recognition for being ranked #6 in the state for Medical Excellence for Orthopedic Care (Hip Fracture Repair) from Comparion Medical Analytics CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings.
Walker Baptist Medical Center (Jasper AL) – Walker’s team of orthopedic specialists and nursing staff are among the top five percent nationally in joint replacements and overall orthopedic care according to HealthGrades. Other recognitions for our orthopedic team include:
- Five-star Recipient from Healthgrades for Spinal Fusion Surgery in 2014
- 2015 Quality Recognition for being Ranked #1in the State for Medical Excellence for Orthopedic Surgery & Orthopedic Care – Comparion Medical Analytics CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings
- 2015 Quality Recognition for being ranked #7 in the state for Medical Excellence for Orthopedic Care (Hip Fracture Repair) – Comparion Medical Analytics CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings
- 2015 Quality Recognition for being ranked #2 in the state for Medical Excellence for Orthopedic Care (Joint Replacement) – Comparion Medical Analytics CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings
Our rehabilitation programs mean you have access to the care you need during recovery.
The goal of occupational therapy is to return you to a more independent lifestyle after an accident, illness or surgery. Baptist Health System’s occupational therapy program is designed with the patient in mind. Customized therapy plans may include self-care, physical activities, feeding, grooming, toileting, and homemaking skills, plus perceptual and coordination training, hand splinting, and adaptive equipment training.
Physical therapy after surgery, or used as part of a non-surgical treatment plan can improve mobility, function, and independence. Our patient-centered programs support patients of all ages and diagnosis. Our physical therapists will work with you using a variety of methods including therapeutic exercise; gait training, balance, and endurance; mobilization of restricted joints; acute and chronic pain management; and prosthetic training/neuromuscular re-education.