The adult inpatient unit offers a comprehensive range of treatments for adults ranging from 19 to 64 years of age. This acute care unit provides a structured and supportive environment for patients to assure their safety and well-being with 24-hour nursing care.
Our adult inpatient unit provides treatment for a variety of mental illness-related disorders including:
- Mood Disorders (Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Panic Disorder, Social phobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Psychotic Disorders (Schizophrenia)
Our inpatient treatment plan focuses on evaluation, stabilization and education assistance for patients and their families to promote optimal mental health. Treatment plans includes:
- Family counseling
- Disease management (Depression and Bipolar disorder)
- Coping skills
Our team of psychiatrists, registered psychiatric nurses and therapists, offer patients a customized, multi-disciplinary approach to care. A patient’s care is enhanced when family members and loved ones are involved in the treatment plan. Throughout the treatment process our team will engage family and care team members to educate them about their loved one’s care.
Discharge planning begins at the time of admission and continues as the patient progresses through the treatment process. We recognize the importance of timely and accessible follow-up care after a patient is discharged from the hospital and those services include recommendations and planning for:
- Outpatient Therapy
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
- Intensive Outpatient Program
Patients admitted for inpatient hospitalization must meet the following criteria:
- The patient must be an adult age 19 to 64
- The patient must have an acute psychiatric illness or acute exacerbation of a chronic illness
- The patient must be able to benefit from inpatient treatment
Referrals & Locations
Referrals may be made by a physician, employer, community agency, clinician, or individual. Our adult inpatient psychiatric units are available at two locations. For inquiries or assessments, call the facility below.
Shelby Baptist Medical Center (Opening January 2015)
1000 First Street N, Alabaster AL 35007
Walker Baptist Medical Center
3400 Highway 78 East, Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-4540205-387-4540 or 800-992-5272(800)992-5272
Baptist Health System accepts most insurance plans. For additional information, contact the appropriate facility.