At Shelby Baptist Medical Center we are committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care throughout your cancer journey. We ensure that all patients have access to board-certified medical and radiation oncologists, state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic technology, medical and surgical specialists, and palliative and supportive care.
Medical and radiation oncologists affiliated with Shelby Baptist Medical Center are all board-certified and provide comprehensive, patient-centered care working with a team of experts in radiology, cancer surgery, and palliative and supportive care.
Visit our physician finder to find a cancer specialist near you.
Imaging and Diagnostics
Shelby Baptist offers two convenient locations for imaging and diagnostics:
- Shelby Diagnostic is conveniently located in the hospital with an easy-to-access, dedicated entrance.
- Tower Imaging is located in the Tower Building Professional Building with first floor access and free parking. Tower Imaging is a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology.
Learn more about imaging and diagnostic services here.
Palliative and Supportive Care
Shelby’s Supportive and Palliative Care Program provides specialized medical care and support to patients facing a cancer diagnosis. Palliative care is a comprehensive treatment of the discomfort, symptoms, and stress of your illness. You may receive palliative care at the same time as you are receiving curative treatments.
We are focused on healing the whole person – physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually. You can expect from palliative care:
- Relief from pain and symptoms, such as nausea, fatigue, loss of appetite
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
- Coordination of your care among your health care providers
- Improved ability to cope with daily life and the effects of illness
For more information about palliative care, please contact Shelby Baptist Supportive and Palliative Care Program at 205-620-7198205-620-7198