Princeton’s radiation oncology team is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive and compassionate care to patients with cancer. Using the Varian TrueBeam®STX system, our cancer center offers one of the most advanced radiation therapies available to deliver powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy, precision and speed. It provides our oncologists with a wide range of options to treat even the most complex tumors. Our radiation oncologists are able to develop individualized treatment plans based on your circumstances.
We offer treatments safely and effectively in a compassionate environment. We use advanced treatment planning and leading-edge technologies to provide patients with the most effective treatments possible.
External Radiation Therapy
Princeton Cancer Center uses TrueBeam®, one of the most advanced radiation therapies available, to deliver powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy, precision and speed.
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)- delivers high-dose of radiation to smaller tumors in the body, reducing the number of treatments required.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)- delivers high-doses of radiation to smaller tumors in localized areas of the brain and spine with great precision.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)- uses advanced 3D technology to conform high-dose radiation beams to the shape of the tumor, reducing exposure to healthy tissue.
Advantages for you include:
- Integrated imaging, beam delivery and motion management resulting in improved accuracy and speed of treatment
- Improved image guidance for delivering radiation precisely to the tumor, sparing surrounding healthy tissue
- Reduced number of treatments required
Internal Radiation Therapy
- Prostate Seed Implants (Brachytherapy)- radioactive seeds are inserted directly into the prostate, delivering radiation to the target while minimizing radiation exposure to surrounding tissue.