Our skilled team of compassionate professionals works with patients, families, and physicians to provide high-quality care in the comfort of a patient's home. Our staff works in conjunction with your physician, keeping him/her informed of changes related to your medical condition.
- Citizens Baptist Medical Center
- Shelby Baptist Medical Center
The case managers at Shelby Baptist will help facilitate your referral to a Home Health agency as a part of the discharge process. Patients are provided a choice of providers based on insurance provider or preference. For patients COPD, Diabetes, or CHF we offer referral to a tele-health program.
- Walker Baptist Medical Center
Patients are provided a preferred list of Home Health agencies in the Jasper area, to help facilitate choosing the best provider for their condition.
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Physical Therapy Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Speech Language Pathology Services
- Home Health Aides
- Medical Social Services
Who Qualifies for Home Health Care under Medicare?
To qualify for home health care under Medicare, a person must be homebound, under the care of a physician, and in need of skilled services on an intermittent basis. A physician must establish and periodically review a patient's plan of care. Patients who may benefit from home care services include but are, not limited to:
- Patients recovering from surgery or illness
- Patients with many long-term diseases, which include CHF, COPD and others who need skilled care to improve their condition
- Patients/caregivers who need education for medication management and disease processes
- Patients requiring wound therapy; including pressure ulcers, stasis ulcers and surgical wounds
- Patients requiring rehab therapy to overcome injuries or an illness
- Patients facing the end-stage of life in need of medical care and emotional support
Paying for Home Health Care Services
Medicare covers the cost associated with approved home health care services for qualifying beneficiaries. Most major medical insurance plans will reimburse all or part of the costs related to home health care. The home health staff will conduct an assessment to determine if you qualify for home health care and if the services will be covered by your individual health plan.
Although a physician referral is required to initiate services, the following individuals can help you make the necessary arrangements and provide further information: a hospital discharge planner or case manager, your physician's office staff, or a medical social worker.